Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bigger than my body gives me credit for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rSv5NvAK8
Honestly, I hate being a female sometimes.

You know those commercials where a person is so hungry they see any object/person turn into a chicken or some other yummy food? Well, I sorta feel like that person/object right now.


A female is more than that. She is known to blossom into a woman that goes through alot of stuggles, fights stereotypes, and pain (most likely).
Not to get all philosiphical but when you look back in history women never got the due they deserved and were always behind the scene and the women that are in books i.e. Mother Teresa or Princess Diana are usually known because they were 'kind-hearted' or 'down to earth' etc.

The reason i'm sounding like such a feminist is because I went somewhere and encountered a guy I knew. Mind you he has a girlfriend (I know him very well) but is hitting on me as he usually does. They were slight remarks but there.
Within 5 mins I run into some other guy I knew and he is with his "boys" and I know the only reason he is even being as warm to me as he was is because he wanted to show his boys he knew me or that we were cool and the boys had the biggest smile on their faces I've ever seen.

It got me so mad. I felt like my every move at that point in time was being watched/observed. I'm not saying i'm Pamela Anderson or Halle Berry cuz I'm not! lol but I just hate that most of these dudes when talking to me are not even looking at me as one of them or human enough for them to just be NORMAL with me! .... I dont ask for alot ... And it's not just about me--


Why cant a girl be just treated as normal? Get to know me (her) as a person atleast. Yes, Physical attraction is the first any girl or guy gets attracted to with the opposite sex but can you as a man offer more than that to a female?

I think such a way of approaching a female which is 85% of the times is just ever so demeaning. Before you ever think of a female as a piece of meat just remember-- she is someone's mom or sister or daughter before she is that piece of meat. Learn to give respect in order to earn it.

And then men have the nerve to say they are 'different' or 'better than the rest' well from what they offer initally - its like a repeated cycle -- every one or every other one comes with the same method of approaching or is trying to get to the same thing.

but yeah, that is why i hate being a female.
and this is why im bigger than my body gives me credit for...
and dot dot dot dot dot

No comments:

Post a Comment